Since June 21 we have been in Jeleznovodsk. Maleyka1
is undergoing treatment, and I am learning to play the piano.
Here I have found the teacher who gives me 3 lessons a week with
everyday use of a piano for only 15 rubles a month.
While in Baku we took into our head to go to Shusha and give plays
there. Knowing that the part of music is at your place, we along
with Maleyka dropped in on your flat and took the music. However,
Shusha plans misfired, music is left with Jamal2
. Our people moved in Mashtagi3
gardens. Let me know when you are going to Baku. I will also inform
you before leaving for Moscow. How is your living with Makki4
, how about her health? We are not much bored, sometimes we go
about the groups.
Give Maleyka's and my best regards to Badush5
, mom, Jamuli 6
and all the friends.
July 3, 1912.
Engineer alley, cottage #9.
1. Maleyka-khanim Hajibeyova - ne'e Teregulova - composer's wife
2. Jamal Pashayev - composer's nephew (sister's son)
3. Mashtagi - settlement type country on the Apsheron peninsula
4. Makka - Muslim Magomayev's sister
5. Badush is for shortness endearing name, for full is Badiguljamal (ne'e Teregulova), M. Magomayev's wife name.
6. Jamuli is for shortness endearing name, for full is Jamaladdin, M. Magomayev's elder son's name.